Sunday, January 4, 2009

Late Night Early Morning

Listening to Yo La Tengo with the boy as we work on various things. I haven't posted in a while, so I haven't been able to mention how exciting it's been completing my first bunch of Etsy orders. Getting to recycle a lot of salvaged materials for packaging is an immense satisfaction.

I also wanted to share an award-worthy tip I stumbled across while scouring for DIY ways to improve my old camera's macro/zoom abilities. It's a 5.1 megapixel Sony Cyber-Shot and it functions perfectly well, but I've had terrible trouble taking close-ups of smaller, detailed things. I don't have the money to spare for a new camera -- even though they're all cheaper now than what I paid -- so I looked up some alternatives. I found this video tutorial from DPhotoJournal -- although it doesn't really need to be a video. Basically, you take the front lens off an unloved pair of binoculars and sit that in front of your camera's lens when you need to get a crisp, close shot. Fortunately enough, I even had the pair of unloved binoculars nearby. So simple, so life-changing... My excitement in real life was much noisier.

No comments: